Wednesday 30 May 2012

Indulge Me #4

 (Source: tumblr)

Again a personal rant about something that became really important to me during the last months and due to some circumstances and the life of another person I was faced with it again.

The thing I talk about: Getting Over Something.

Last year I had some tough things going on, events came thick and fast and I found myself in the middle of lies and deceit. I gave myself one week to drown in self pity, to re-think about everything and finally came to the conclusion that I don't need this person in my life.

Getting over something is one of the most important things you should do in life, rather than complaining and feeling pity for yourself all the time.
All of us faced a difficult situation, especially when you had all your heart and time invested in it. It doesn't matter whether it concernes your love life or your business life, fact is everything is screwed up and the only thing left is a hopeless you.
Now there is a choice to make: will you complain all the time to everyone you meet telling them what a horrible life you're living and how unfair it is or will you handle it like a grown-up person? Let's face it, everyone knows someone who whines 24/7 without a concrete reason and gets on your nerves. I don't get why people exaggerate so much about little things they could have avoid most of the time.  

It just wasnt meant to be.

Life is like a game. It rarely goes our way, sometimes you just have to have faith and let the cards fall where they may. No one is able to say what comes next. Everyone plays this game, everyone put themselves into a situation in which they don't know the outcome, so they basically risk everything they have. Someone decides to study fashion management but ends up jobless, some others give their hearts and love to a person who might hurt them in the long-run. No one knows where we might end up, if you believe in God you can say God has a plan for everyone.
We all have to experience failure and are thrown back by unexpected situations. The question is, will you get back up or will you drown in self pity? Choose wisely, at first people will fully understand you, but when time goes by your whiny grumbling will get annoying.

I experienced that there comes a time in life where you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it. Instead spend time with people who make you laugh and focus solely on the good. Life is too short to be anything but happy.

"I don’t like to be serious all the time. Serious to me, is such a waste of time. Life is short. Why be serious all the time?" - Brian Joo 
♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment