Wednesday 16 May 2012

Indulge me #3

Lately I spend a lot of time alone. It's not that I haven't the opportunity to meet up with friends I just enjoy being alone more. Perhaps you know this feeling where you don't want to talk to anybody, where you don't want to be bothered, you don't want to force a smile and make them believe you're happy. This is how I feel right now, I am already used to it. Every now and then I have to live in my own little world, not because I face any problems, just because... well honestly speaking I don't know what's wrong either.
If you experienced it you know what I mean, if not, well, then I don't really have a clue how to describe and explain it. Being alone is everything I long for currently and I can't hide it. Yesterday I was at my boyfee's home and he asked me several times what's wrong. He didn't took "Nothing" or "I don't know" as an answer and kept on asking, even though he might have felt he won't get a satisfying answer.
I have no idea how long it will taket this time until the feeling is gone, from my experience I guess a few more days. Until then all I can and will do is waiting.

 (Source: tumblr)

If you wonder how I spend my times being all alone: watching korean dramas and listening to movies while walking or driving around. I love it. The music gives me the feeling I am in a different world while exploring the city.

(Source: tumblr)
Actually right now I only wait for the month to end. I planned to savour every single day, this sounds corny I know, but living every day to the fullest. Yet all I do is counting the days until I get my new camera. I want to make new videos and refilm the old one, I want to take pictures.


(Source: tumblr)

(Source: tumblr)
Oh and something that is on my mind recently: Isn't it weird how much our name matches us? Even though we couldn't choose it? I talked to Jacky about it earlier too.
I don't think it is just because we are used to it so we can't imagine another name. I do believe a name is more than just our name. It describes us.
For instance, my name is Annika.
Originally from Anna (Hebrew) it is often used in Sweden, Germany, in the Netherlands as well as in England. It is not bold, unique or outstanding, yet I love the meaning behind it. "Sweet-faced", "God has favoured me", gracious and merciful. I would say it does well at describing me.

So... what if our personality depends on our names?

Let's end this post with one of my favourite songs by Big Bang:











No comments:

Post a Comment