Sunday 9 September 2012

Indulge me #11 | Nappings, Studying & Relaxing

(Source: tumblr)

I haven't been really active during the last couple of days or ever since the beginning of September, because, as you might suppose after seeing the picture above popping up, I have to study yet again. On the 24th and 25th I have my last two exams for this semester, afterwards I am finally done- well, until I have to study again starting in February and not to mention that university starts already on the 8th of October...
Anyway, some day I will be super rich and stuff, so in the end all the hard work and sleepless hours because I didn't understood anything at all will be worth it. Hopefully. 

While browsing instead of studying annual accounts, which is by the way a pain in the ass, I came across some interesting "nap facts for college students". You don't mind if I share a few with you, do you?

It makes you smarter
According to Dr. Matthew Walker of the University of California, napping for as little as one hour resets your short-term memory and helps you learn facts more easily after you wake up.

Abandon all-nighters
Foregoing sleep by cramming all night reduces your ability to retain information by up to 40%. If you can, mix in a nap somewhere to refresh your hippocampus. 

(Source: tumblr)

You can't avoid that down period after lunch by not eating
Human bodies naturally go through two phases of deep tiredness, one between 2-4 a.m. and between 1-3 p.m. Skipping lunch won’t help this period of diminished alertness and coordination.

But short naps are the best
For healthy young adults, naps as short as 20, 10, or even 2 minutes can be all you need to get the mental benefits of sleep, without risking grogginess.

Don't wait too long
The latest you want to wake up from a nap is five hours before bedtime, otherwise you risk not being able to fall asleep at night.

When you want to read the whole article click here.
(Source: tumblr)

What I really miss is strolling through the city with my camera in hand and taking useless, boring and artistically valueless pictures. And making videos. Well, honestly speaking I haven't done one because my room is a hell of a mess, I reorganised my book shelve and bought two new shelves to have more space, but unfortunately I got a wrong size so I have to go back and get the right one before I can put my books back... Right now they chill and relax all over the place, everywhere lays a pack. I am sorry about that. Hopefully I will get the right ones next week, if so I guess I might do a video at the end of the week. Don't know yet. Perhaps annual accounts have already killed me by then... 

Guess I have to stop complaining now and get back ~ have a nice one! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment